Ezy Air Conditioning & Heating... The easiest way to air condition your home!
Welcome to Ezy Air
For friendly help call 1300 399 247
Contact Us

If you would like to continue a booking, please enter your quote number here.

Ezy Air - Fully qualified to install split systems

In Victoria, it is essential for split system installers to have the following qualifications. Without the following licences, your warranty may be null and void, your home and content insurance may be voided and in the best case scenario, you may be forced to hire someone with the following qualifications to fix the problems caused by an unlicensed and unexperienced installer.


Plumbing Industry Commission (PIC License)
In order to install a split system air conditioner, your contractor must have a Victorian Plumbing Industry Commission (PIC) license. This license enables your contractor to issue a Certificate of Compliance, which states that they have complied with plumbing legislation in Victoria.

This Certificate of Plumbing Compliance is required for insurance and warranty purposes.
(Ezy Air’s Plumbing License is 49852)


Refrigerant Trading Authorisation (RTA)
Refrigerant is the substance that provides heat exchange in an air conditioner, it’s like the blood of an air conditioner. Due to it's potential ozone depleting properties, refrigerants are a highly restricted substance in Australia.

When installing split systems, extra refrigerant is required so the unit can operate at maximum efficiency. Without it, the system will be undercharged. Undercharged split systems can’t perform to maximum efficiency, won’t achieve the desired temperature, will fail prematurely and void manufacturer warranties.

Also, if there is a refrigeration leak, and your installer does not have an RTA, then you may be forced to hire someone with an RTA to come to your house and charge the system with more refrigerant (as your original installer is not licensed to purchase the refrigerant).

Please make sure your contractor has a RTA. (Ezy Air’s RTA is AU25526).


Refrigerant Handling License (RHL)
Refrigerant has a high ozone depleting potential and is a restricted substance in Australia. Installing a split system air conditioner without a Refrigerant Handling License (RHL) is illegal.

Please make sure your installer has a RHL. (Ezy Air’s Refrigerant Handling License is L045292)


Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) Registered Electrical Contractor.
In order to undertake any electrical contracting work in Victoria, a worker must be a Registered Electrical Contractor (REC). This means that the REC will issue a Certificate of Electrical Safety upon completion of the electrical work when installing an air conditioner.

A Certificate of Electrical Safety is required for warranty and insurance purposes.
(Ezy Air Conditioning & Heating's REC is 25549)

Contact us!
At Ezy Air, we strive to provide our customers with the most relevant information to assist them to make the right decision. If you would like more information, please contact us by phone: 1300 EZY AIR (1300 399 247) or via our contact page!

Installations so far: 8847

All rights reserved by Ezy Air Conditioning & Heating Pty Ltd
PHONE: 1300 EZY AIR (1300 399 247)
FAX: 1300 EZY FAX (1300 399 329)
Email: info@ezyair.com.au